PRESENTATION & PRAYER SABHA SECRETARY (MISSION 2030)
Dr. Chacko Thomas Talk on 29th Oct. 7:30 - 8:30 p.m.
Message by Rev. Dr. M. J. Thomas
THEME EXPOSITION ON PRAYER
Jonah 3: 7, 8 Praying earnestly by Fasting
After the fasting of Daniel, revelation followed
After the fasting of Jesus, temptation and victory over temptation followed
Problem of prayer - many do not know what to pray for so much time
We have lot of information now to pray for - countries, ministries, individuals and leaders
Abraham's Prayer Gen.18
1. Building up relationship with God - providing food for the three visitors and keep waiting for them. Then he walked with them. What we can do is meditating on God's Word. That will help us to share God's word anyone we come across. There are other ways of keeping relationship with God
2. Discover/ discern what's in God's mind-about Sodom & Gomorrah. We need to be sensitive to the situation around.
V.17,20 God himself want to share His mind to Abraham. Prayer is not on something we want God to do. It's on something God wants to do.
V19 To teach generations God's word for their obedience. Fathers are to be leaders of the household people. Bring to God what's in God's mind as prayer.
3. Praying based on God's character.
- Will you indeed destroy the righteous with the wicked?
- We can prayer specifying God's promises
- Our Father in heaven - He's our Father, who can be approached in confidence
4. Persists in prayer
- Until we find a breakthrough
- From 50 to 45, to 40, to 30, to 20 and finally to 10. There was not even 10
- God remembered Abraham and spared the four
- Friends Missionary Prayer Band was successful because it was started on prayer.
- A few prayer concerns from the Word of God
Mat.9:26. Prayer for laborers: Jesus had compassion because they were sheep without shepherds.
Col.4:2 Prayer for open doors:
Paul requests to devote to prayer for them, for God's Word to have open doors.
1 Tim. 2:1-3 Prayers for those who are in authority. Who else will influence the leaders except the praying believers
Let's use all our potential for prayer, that we may not feel bad in heaven that we have not used all our potential for prayer.